Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Dolstad Church of Vefsn Parish, where our family worshipped since 1735

Our Forsmo and Hagfors families and many of their ancestors worshipped at the Dolstad Church since its construction in 1735.  It was rebuilt over an existing medieval church, where they had previously worshipped. 


DOLSTAD CHURCH, VEFSN PARISH, MOSJOEN, NORWAY


Wikipedia Norway:
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolstad_kirke

Norwegian Architectural Study:
http://www.ub.uit.no/baser/arkinord/details.php?image_id=511&sessionid=a33c981d9bf468bf3a65f55801d12ccf

2 comments:

  1. Gail (Pettersen) CareyNovember 7, 2014 at 2:16 PM

    I have just been searching all the sites for Norwegian ancestry for Mosjoen Norway. I have managed to get back to about the early 1800's, but would like to see if I can get back further.! Any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gail, sorry, I am just now resurrecting my blogs. The Vefsn books are on the Norwegian Archives 'Digitalarkivet' website. Let me know if you need help finding.

      Delete